When planning for Brexit, don’t overlook business opportunities
Brexit creates problems for many Irish businesses. Even if you only do business locally, your suppliers may be affected by currency volatility or supply chain disruption. It’s vital to have a plan and your plan must be flexible enough to adapt to changing circumstances. Remember, it is important to focus on opportunities as well as problems.
Initial steps to take include:
- Review your Brexit plan: If you don’t have a plan, now is the time to develop one. If you do have a plan, review it. Risks to consider include exchange rate volatility, supply chain disruption, potential restrictions on the movement of labour and increased competition. There is still a lot of uncertainty about Brexit so your plan must be capable of adapting to changing circumstances.
- Look for opportunities: Brexit may present opportunities for your business. Can you renegotiate contracts? Can you take advantage of the low Sterling rate in your purchasing? Does weaker Sterling give you an advantage over UK competitors? Should you establish operations in another jurisdiction?
- Get help: Talk to your professional advisors and state agencies like Enterprise Ireland and InterTrade Ireland who have resources to support you.
Through our location in the border region, Amatino has relevant specialist skills and expertise for businesses facing Brexit challenges. Working closely with you, we will review your Brexit plan, identify risks and opportunities and help you make the right decisions for your business. Remember, your Brexit plan will need constant monitoring and review as circumstances change.
We also assist with:
- Strategy development and implementation
- Cost reduction and business efficiency programmes
- Advising on appropriate business structures
- Tax advice
- Advice on financial and foreign exchange products
- Grant applications for new businesses and/or exporters
For more information, please contact a member of our team.
John WilsonManaging Director, Trinity Nutrition Ltd
Professional, Approachable, Efficient, overall Excellent. I have and will continue to recommend them.
Peter FarrellyManaging Director, Royal Masterpeace Ltd
Amatino manage our accounts and carry out management accounts which allow us to review our current costs in real time. John Kieran’s consultancy and impartial advice has allowed us to streamline costs and overheads in all areas of our operations and review our personal tax liabilities. All of this is provided at what I consider to be a highly competitive rate for the quality of service provided.
Paul TobinDirector, Paul Tobin Estates Ltd
Amatino manage our financial year end and company submissions. They ensure that our corporation tax is filed on time and accurately taking the pressure of us. We have found Amatino to be efficient and professional and we would highly recommend them
Michael LeonardDirector, Leonard Engineering (Ballybay) Ltd
Business Advisory services from Amatino have streamlined our accounts system, we have made considerable cost savings throughout the business while increasing our sales with their business development advice. I would highly recommend them.