Food & Beverage Survey 2019
At our Food Summit in January, we conducted a survey with attendees on the Food and Beverage sector, and market hopes and challenges for 2019.
Highlights from those who completed the survey include:
- 56% of those surveyed were business owners
- 36% of businesses were located in Leinster and 64% in Ulster
- The majority (67%) of business are planning on accessing some form of grant support in 2019.
- Only 29% of businesses surveyed are planning on accessing finance in 2019
- 64% of businesses surveyed are feeling more positive about their business for 2019
- 44% of businesses are planning an increase in exports this year
- Brexit still remains a concern overall for the sector, with only 36% of businesses having made plans for the potential effect of Brexit
- 77% of respondents were aware to some extent of the supports available through Enterprise Ireland and their local Government agencies etc.
- 64% of those surveyed are planning on recruiting new staff in 2019. The ability to attract and retain qualified staff is still a concern for the sector, with 49% of respondents expressing a challenge in attracting suitably qualified workforce
The main challenges seen by the industry are:
- Product development & production costs
- Cashflow & Finance
- Market Entry
- Staffing & Labour costs
If you would like to speak to any of our specialist staff in relation to finance, grants, and how to maximise your business efficiency, please contact us at any of our offices.