Exhibitions and trade fairs are the ideal way of meeting new customers, entering new markets and building industry contacts but they can be expensive especially if they involve travelling to another country. For businesses that fit the criteria of Enterprise Ireland, they can receive up to 50% of the eligible costs of taking part or visiting a exhibition or trade fair in Ireland or abroad.
Am I eligible?
You are eligible to apply for this funding if you are one of the following:
- A manufacturing or internationally traded services SME company employing 10-249 people.
- A new High Potential Start-Up company.
- Not eligible to receive the support applied for from An Bord Bia or An Bord Iascaigh Mhara.
What costs are eligible ?
The cost of a company's first-time participation in any recognised trade fair outside Ireland may be eligible for assistance. This includes the costs incurred while preparing and participating in the trade fair or those incurred in taking a stand or simply visiting the fair. The following costs are eligible for support:
- Rent of space or stand
- Entry fees to the fair for company employees
- Renting or buying and installing display equipment
- Economy airfares for travel from Ireland
- Subsistence - day rate of €60 and 24hr rate of €200
How do i apply for support?
If you are already an Enterprise Ireland client, contact your Development Adviser and discuss the event you wish to take part in. If they feel it is eligible you will be directed to an online application where you will need to provide further details on the event. For businesses who are not currently Enterprise Ireland clients but feel that they meet the above criteria, contact your local Enterprise Ireland office.